Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Turtle Brownies: Too Marvelous for Words!

Turtle Brownies: Sugar Rush!
These Turtle Brownies are from Mary Engelbreit's Cookies Cookbook: The Queen's Best Recipes, the same cookbook the Double Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe came from.  Let me warn you: these brownies will give you a sugar rush!

Chocolate, caramel, and pecans are a perfect combination.  And these brownies are surprisingly easy to make.  However, the recipe says to do all the mixing by hand.  I cheated and used a handheld mixer.  I used to be a purist until I wound up with sore arms and poorly mixed dough.  Now, the only mixing I do by hand is folding whipped cream or beaten egg whites into batter, and kneading bread gently!

As you know, I like almost all my baked goods frozen--or at least chilled.  These brownies are no exception.

So turtle brownies are just "Too Marvelous for Words."  Ella sings it best in this live version!

No comments:

Post a Comment