Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day: Lucky...

St. Patrick's Day 2012
I like to be cautious on St. Patrick's Day so I prevent any pranks by wearing my special "Do Not Pinch" shirt.  This picture is from 2012 but Erik and I actually wore the same shirts today, but didn't think to take a picture...

Yesterday I made Pistachio Cake for St. Patrick's Day.  Since I don't like corned beef and cabbage, I made Oriental Cabbage Salad with ramen noodles today!  I know it is a bit of a stretch for St. Patrick's Day, but at least it uses cabbage...and cabbage is green!  Also, as a college student, ramen noodles are in generous supply!

I do have some Irish blood in me and I am quite proud of it!  I like to think dying my hair red makes me even more Irish.  However, I didn't utilize the "kiss me, I'm Irish" ploy today and since I don't drink alcoholic beverages, I drank IBC Root Beer instead.  My Lucky Charms cereal box was empty so I should have planned for that.  I did pass on drinking any green milk--that's just gross even if people claim the food coloring doesn't change the taste.

The closest song I could find to being anything Irish, lucky, or green is "I'm Just a Lucky So-and-So" sung by Ella Fitzgerald.  I really do like this fun little song!  And it's an extra bonus that the album art from the album Fine and Mellow is green!

2 comments: