Sunday, March 10, 2013

Daylight Savings: Love to Hate

If we were dogs, daylight savings time wouldn't mean that much...
I try not to hate things.  Hate takes so much energy and I don't have that much energy to spare!  But when it comes to daylight savings, I love to hate it.

It messes with the internal clock and just wreaks havoc with my sleep schedule, which is already not a real "schedule."

And if we were dogs and not people, we would just sleep whenever we wanted to anyway.  But since we are people and not dogs, we have to deal with daylight savings time, losing an hour in springtime. 

So today's song is "People" sung by Barbra Streisand.

Actually, whenever things are tense in the family, someone sings it very melodramatically to lighten the moment using substituted lyrics to refer to the problem at hand.

So think of me as I truly lament daylight savings time while dancing around the room singing, "Sleep, people who need sleep...are the sleepiest people in the world...."

Okay, maybe it loses some of the humor if you're not actually in the room with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment