Monday, March 18, 2013

The Simple Joy of Flowers: "For Sentimental Reasons"


There are reasons I've never really known how great it is to receive flowers.

When I was five, I got hives while helping my grandmother trim her rose bushes.  No roses for me!

At 12, I found out I was allergic to just about every living thing.  No flowers for me!

However, I've started to "outgrow" some of my allergies--including allergies to some flowers.  So far, I know lilies and daffodils do not bother me.

Today, a bouquet of bright, cheerful daffodils were delivered to me.  Now I know why flowers bring joy to people!

I hear that flowers are sentimental for some people. Maybe some day flowers will carry sentimental meaning for me!

So here's the beautiful jazz standard "(I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons" sung by Ella Fitzgerald, who has an equally beautiful voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment