Sunday, April 14, 2013

High Heels: Vacuuming, Mountain Climbing, and Dancing, Oh My!


I'm the kind of person who vacuums in high heels...okay, I rarely do that now, but it used to be a normal occurrence.  My sister would tease me every time she'd see me and say I reminded her of Barbara Billingsley's character June Cleaver on "Leave it to Beaver" vacuuming in high heels and pearls.  Some things about TV are just ridiculous.

Now I wear flats more often, but I do still love to wear heels (check out my heels blog entry.)  Sometimes they slow me down and they are definitely impractical for speedy hikes across campus but despite the possibility of sounding vain--heels just make every outfit look more awesome!

So I won't go mountain climbing, fishing, or running in heels but I might vacuum in them.  Long live the legacy of June Cleaver, no matter how ridiculous it seems!

I think I should also add that I do dance in heels.  That may seem like a silly thing to say, but I have observed that a lot of women take their heels off to dance at dances.  I learned ballroom and Latin dancing in real dance shoes with heels!  My advice: buy sole and heel gels for your high heels so your feet will not hurt the day AFTER you keep them on while you dance.

It really helps to buy shoes in the right size!  I know it's tempting to buy those cute on-sale heels that are a size too big or a size too small (I've been guilty of this) but trust me, you'll hate yourself when those blisters show up.  So be kind to your feet and wait until you get the right look, right size, and right gels all in the same heel.

So even though I won't be going mountain climbing, fishing, and dancing in high heels, here's one of my favorite songs that captures all three activities!  I've highlighted it before, but it deserves a look from a different perspective!  I love it.  Here's "Cheek to Cheek" sung by the irrepressible Frank Sinatra!

No comments:

Post a Comment