Monday, April 8, 2013

Always


My family loves children's books.  Every year at Christmas, we get Christmas children's books.  And sometimes we get children's books for no reason at all.

One of my favorite books is Always by Alison McGhee and Pascal Lemaitre.  I was given it shortly after my dog, Dylan, died in October 2011.  It is the story of a dog telling his owner that he will always protect her and keep her safe.

I will always treasure my memories of my corgi mix, Dylan, who loved and protected me for almost 12 years.  I believe "always" being loyal and loving is how healthy emotional relationships endure!

So here's a favorite song of mine "Always On My Mind" sung by Elvis Presley.

Oh, and just so you know, I have an original song "Always" that I co-wrote.  It is coming out on my summer jazz album.


No comments:

Post a Comment