Monday, April 1, 2013

Edible Easter Grass: Honest, It's No Joke!

Edible Easter Grass...and Easter Bunnies!
So I love to try new foods, even ones that I think I might not like.  I never would have discovered the excellent flavors of avocados, feta cheese, or artichokes if I had not embarked on the occasional food adventure.

So when the opportunity presented itself to eat edible Easter grass, I just couldn't pass it up.  This is not an April Fool's joke.  This is real!

It was a bit of a joke that I bought it, but I did intend to try it.  I mean, it was even imported from Germany.  Impressive!

To be honest, I don't know if I'll purchase it again, at least not for my own consumption.  If I were seven years old, I think I'd love it!  So for all you parents who hate to clean up Easter basket grass, buy the edible kind and let your kids take care of the mess!

I'm going to stick with Lindt chocolate bunniesReese's peanut butter eggs, Cadbury eggs, and Jelly Bellys.  Long live the edible Easter candy standards!

In honor of it being the first day of April, here's "April in My Heart" sung by Billie Holiday.  The lyrics are quite intriguing with the comparison of fall and spring as a metaphor for feelings.  Billie doesn't start singing until almost a minute into the song; you get to enjoy the instrumental introduction and get a real feel for the song.  So don't worry when you don't hear her singing near the beginning of the recording!

1 comment:

  1. an old movie, I think it was "Lady Sings the Blues" and if I remember correctly it as about Billie Holiday's life.

    ReplyDelete