Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Great Semester Start!


My last semester as an undergrad is off to a great start!

I'm excited to learn more about digital consoles, film scoring, and Adobe After Effects!  I'll be uploading to this blog some of the assignment/projects I'll be doing, so stay tuned.

I'm not the most knowledgeable about digital consoles, but hey, that's why I'm taking the class!  I'll learn more about routing the audio and maybe even creating sound effects for film (foley)!

Film scoring will stretch me, but isn't that the point in life?  I'm comfortable writing songs--meaning melodies with lyrics--but have less experience composing without lyrics.  This will be a fun adventure!

After Effects is a program to create motion graphics and compositing.  Motion graphics are anything animated like the main titles of a movie.  Compositing is combining live action with drawings like in Pirates of the Caribbean.  Erik is already a whiz at After Effects, but I always like to know a little about everything!

For today's song, here's the video for "Older, and Stronger, and Wiser, Too."  Erik created this video using After Effects.  It's a great example of both motion graphics and compositing!








1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad school was good! Yeah for good classes! I always tell everyone if I were good at the class I wouldn't be taking it. I think most people just like to take the classes they're good at. Fortunately, we're not most people...(another thing I tell myself when I have to do something that is hard.)

    ReplyDelete