Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Consoles: Soon to be Demystified

The Audio Master Erik!

I admit it.  I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to actually routing an audio console.  My brother and sound engineer, Erik Chaston, is a master of everything sound.  I'll never understand sound the way he does, but I know I can learn more about routing!

I understand routing within Pro Tools.  Check.  But once the routing gets outside the program, that's when everything gets a little fuzzy to me and I literally get wires crossed...

So I'm very excited to be taking a digital projects class from Ron Saltmarsh--hello Media Music Classes (check out my earlier blog "Commercial Music")--that is focused on understanding routing on different kinds of audio consoles.  That includes consoles engineered primarily for live/theater applications, studio consoles, and I'm sure a few other kinds of applications that escape me at the moment!

Back to Erik, here's a fan favorite that Erik engineered the recording, mixing, and mastering for PLUS he also wrote the song!  So here's me singing Erik's song "You Lied!"

No comments:

Post a Comment