Monday, July 15, 2013

Steak Rub: Fever


Okay, these are really charbroiled steaks even if at first they are not discernible!

I really love spicy hot food!  I'm well known in the Chaston family for pulling out the spice jars of red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper.  But I continue to make spicy rub!  When I eat the spicy rub, I feel as if I have a fever!  Then, of course, I run to get some bread when I've made my food just a little too spicy!

If you really don't like spice, eliminate one or both the cayenne and red pepper flakes.

Since spicy is feverishly hot, so I think of the Peggy Lee classic "Fever."  Enjoy!

SPICY STEAK RUB

This is enough for three "beef loin tenderloin steaks" from Sam's Club.  I always cut the steaks in half lengthwise to make six steaks.  The steak actually comes in a four pack but there is someone in the family (who shall remain nameless) who doesn't like spicy foods, so he gets a plain steak with just pepper!

2 tablespoons dry basil
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper (1/4 teaspoon of finely ground pepper can be substituted)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Mix all ingredients in a shallow dish (I use a Corelle Pasta Bowl).

Cover each steak by dipping in the rub, including sides.

Grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment