Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Garlic Pasta...You Stepped Out of a Dream


My brothers and I love pasta.  I think we could eat a pasta dinner every night!

My mom "dreamed" up this recipe one day and we all love it!  It's really simple!

Since this song was "dreamed" up and has "stepped" up into prominence in the family cookbook, here's Nat King Cole singing "You Stepped Out of a Dream."

GARLIC PASTA

1 pound Barilla Campanelle pasta
5 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, sliced
3 tablespoons garlic, chopped (I use Spice World Minced Garlic)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Cook pasta according to directions on the box.

Melt butter in a saucepan.

Add sliced onion and garlic.  Saute until the onion is par cooked.

Drain pasta and put it in a large serving bowl.  Pour hot butter, onion and garlic over the noodles and toss together lightly.  Serve hot.  This is a great side dish with steaks barbecued on the grill!

No comments:

Post a Comment