Saturday, May 25, 2013

You're a Grand Old Flag


This is the flag in front of my house today!  I don't usually add effects to my blog photos but thought I'd try it this time given my new interest in photography!  I just love our flag!

Every year the local Boy Scout Troop puts flags up in our neighborhood for each national holiday.   I think the yearly donation per household is $30.  What a small price to pay for a neighborhood of flags as we celebrate The United States of America!

Some mornings I'm up early enough to see the boy scouts running down the street behind the scoutmaster's truck, stopping to put a flag in front of each house.  It just makes me so happy to see diligent and cheerful boy scouts line our street with flags.

Usually, I don't put my own music in my blog, but today I will.  Last year I released my patriotic album As American As Jazz: A Patriotic Celebration of the USA.  In fact, the flag on the CD cover is one of the Boy Scout flags.  So here's "You're a Grand Old Flag" from my album As American As Jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment