Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Charade and Softball: Playing at Games



Thank you for all of the well wishes for law school!  I'm excited to start this new chapter of my life.

And today is the beginning of Sherrill, Iowa, community softball season!  Every summer I take pictures of our team in action.  It's very fun!  Today Team Chaston did provided umpires and concession stand workers, so the top photo is of the last game of the night.  The concession stand photo is of Joe Baggot, left, Will Chemin, middle, and Katie Eastvedt on the right just as they were finishing cleaning up and stocking the shelves after a busy night!

You'd think I'd learn the rules of softball, as this is my fourth summer taking pictures of softball being played, but I still find myself asking other fans, "What just happened?"  Perhaps I'm too focused on getting my pictures in focus to figure out all the rules...I will get those for a future blog!

One of the lines of the song "Charade" from the theme for the movie Charade is "Playing at games..."  So here's Andy Williams singing "Charade," though my favorite rendition is the vocal-less soundtrack version.  Also, definitely check out the movie starring Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant.  It's an awesome thriller!



No comments:

Post a Comment