Friday, May 24, 2013

Photographs and Memories


Today I read about apertures, ISOs, and shutter speed in photography.  Brett Bird, my videographer and photographer and friend, suggested I check out digital-photography-school.com.  I read through many of the blog entries today.  There are entries about camera parts, subject composition, post production, and more!  It was great fun!

I've always been a bit confused by apertures, ISOs, and shutter speeds, but am now a little more enlightened now.  I tried out what I learned using a 50mm f/1.5 lens with a hood.  I've never used this lens before.  First, I tried manual focus, and then I tried auto focus.

The photo of raspberry plant leaves above I did with manual focus.  It was fun to try out different settings and subjects to see how letting in more or less light changed the exposure of the photo!

I could think of just one song for this blog: Jim Croce's "Photographs and Memories."  I love this plaintive ballad because Croce infuses such genuine longing into it with his rugged voice and articulate guitar playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment