Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Everything Baker


By now you know I love to bake!  And you also know that my family loves to celebrate.  Some of my belated graduation presents included a set of silicone bakeware and silicone baking sheet!

Two months ago after using a silicone bundt pan--which ironically is one-third the price of a metal bundt pan--I wondered if it were possible that other silicone bakeware could be superior to metal bakeware.

Fast forward to yesterday,  I just couldn't bring myself to make a chocolate cheesecake because the springform pan was completely rusted and even though I line the entire springform pan with parchment paper, I couldn't use it.  Plus, it was a bit bent and I was afraid it would leak.  So I looked online and found out that silicone springform pans exist!  They really do!

So I ordered one that will arrive tomorrow.  I'll let you know how well it works.

Now to this afternoon, I came downstairs to find the beautiful arrangement of silicone bakeware waiting to be discovered by me!  A graduation surprise!

I'm in heaven selecting recipes to try out in the new silicone bakeware!

Seriously, if I could do an infomercial for silicone baking products, I would.  I would also write a catchy jingle...!

For now, here's a treat of a song, "Everything Happens to Me" sung by the jazz trumpeter Chet Baker in honor of the "baking" mood.  Chet Baker is more known as a trumpeter but as a great musician he puts emotion in his vocals, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment