Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Chet Redux: But Not for Me


This evening I sat down on the living room floor to play a game with the family and rammed my backbone right into the upholstery rivets on the arm of the sofa.  Ouch!

After some silent tears--I'm a silent crier and the tears just stream down my face--and an ice pack, I was ready to laugh about it.  My older brother suggested I needed pad guards, like the kind you put on your knees and elbows when roller blading!  His second suggestion was to wrap myself up in bubble wrap.  Both options seem rather impractical!

So tomorrow I may be a little sore, but honestly, having a bruised back isn't the worst thing that could happen to me.  To poetically illustrate this point, here's "But Not for Me" with Chet Baker on vocals and trumpet.  I highlighted Chet Baker and his piercingly honest vocals before so here is another of his songs--I just can't get enough Chet!

No comments:

Post a Comment