Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ham and Noodles: Keep Me Warm


My favorite comfort dish is ham and noodles.  Pasta is a favorite food in the family and I love white sauces of all kinds.  So just add a little ham and voila!  You have the best dish ever invented!

I needed a little "comfort" after my second day of law school.  I'm in for quite a learning curve, but it is exciting!

When I think "comfort," I immediately think of warmth--which leads me to Ella Fitzgerald singing "I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm!"


HAM AND NOODLES
12 ounces wide noodles
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
2 cups ham, diced
2 cups skim milk

  1. Cook noodles a minute less than the directions call for, drain and return to pan.
  2. Melt butter in a sauce pan, add flour just as it melts and remove from burner.
  3. Put diced ham in the sauce pan and stir to coat with butter and flour.
  4. In microwavable container, warm milk for 2 minutes on high.
  5. Put ham mixture on noodles and stir gently.
  6. Add milk, stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
  7. Remove from burner, cover.  Let sit for 5 minutes.  Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment