Saturday, August 17, 2013

Spritz Cookies: Sugar


Spritz Cookies are associated with Christmas, but I like to have them all through the year!

Since I like to decorate my Spritz Cookies with sugar sprinkles, here's "When My Sugar Walks Down the Street" sung by Ella Fitzgerald.


SPRITZ COOKIES


1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Dash salt
2 ½ cups flour
Colored sugar sprinkles
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In electric mixer, cream butter and sugar, egg and vanilla.
  3. Add salt and flour and mix on low speed until dough comes together consistently.
  4. Using a spritz maker or a Pampered Chef Easy Accent Decorator (what I use), put small dollops in the shape you choose for the tip about two inches apart on a baking sheet.  The cookies will spread as they bake. 
  5. Sprinkle with multicolored sprinkles of your choice.
  6. Bake until lightly golden for between 7-11 minutes depending on size of cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment