Sunday, August 5, 2012

NEW review of "Scars on My Heart"


A new review of my 2011 sophomore album "Scars on My Heart" just published on www.merryandbright.blogspot.com!

Here's part of the review:

The album closes with, in my opinion, the two strongest performances.  On "This Time" Jillaine explores her range, strategically incorporating the lows into the higher-register themes, with superb results.  Craig Alder is stunning on guitar and bass.

"Doubts R&B" is an extended reworking of "Doubts" from earlier in the album.  It goes back to basics - vocals and piano - with simply perfect results, and gets my vote for the best performance on the album.  It is a shining moment in all aspects - vocal and instrumental performance (Craig Alder returns on piano), lyrics, and arrangement.  Love, love, love it.  It is a great way to bring the album to a close - the listener is left wanting more.

On a side note, things have been a bit hectic! My dad had a heart stent put in on Tuesday and we are all adjusting to eating heart healthy meals! I think we eat healthy but heart healthy requires a lot more understanding and a little more preparation time sometimes. We are all supporting his efforts to being heart healthy! I will share some great recipes we are discovering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment