Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Family Jam!

I had a blast tonight in a family jam session with my Uncle John and Aunt Linda!

We sang classics like "I'm a Believer," "The Twist," and a more recent favorite "That Thing You Do." I love singing those songs! I may only be 25, but I grew up on those songs.

Ever since I can recall, when Uncle John and Aunt Linda came to visit, we always sang around the piano--Linda doing the playing--with someone playing guitar--usually John.  Their kids all grew up having jam sessions at home so they just brought the fun when they visited my family! They also sang a duet that is a medley of favorite songs. They have such a mellow sound. They sing so tenderly, too!

Another great part of their visit resulted in Linda sewing instrument dust covers! Frankly, I think she can sew just about anything.

No visit is complete unless we stop in at the Discovery Shop Cancer Society to find great buys on new or gently used clothes! And it was the yearly 50% off sale today!

We introduced Linda to Savvy Scavengers, my favorite boutique here in Dubuque! She found an incredible silver and purple necklace plus some superb looking jeans!

Tomorrow I will tell you about the great meals we have been making. There are so many spices, vegetables, fruits, grains, meats, etc. that promote heart health!


No comments:

Post a Comment