Saturday, July 28, 2012

Swimming and Gymnastics!

Like I said yesterday, I am a musician but I love the Olympics! Swimming and gymnastics are two of my favorite events, so it was sweet they were on the same day!

I was disappointed that Michael Phelps didn't medal (my family and I have loved watching him for the past three Olympics), but excited that Ryan Lochte won gold! I have to be honest. I don't remember Lochte from the previous Olympics--probably because it would have been hard to notice him next to Phelps.

I am awed by what the human body can handle when it is conditioned. Gymnastics has always mystified me. The strength required is astounding. I will probably never be "Olympic" physically strong or healthy, but I do try to be "Olympic" mentally and emotionally strong.

This surprised me: I never noticed before that there is no music in men's gymnastics on the floor exercise like in the women's event. Usually, I cue in when anything and everything associated with music comes into view!  Those male gymnasts have to time their floor exercise to not go over 70 seconds without music to keep them on track.  They must have to have internal timing.

I understand this a little bit because when I record voice over for commercials or ads, I have learned to pace myself to keep within the time frame!


No comments:

Post a Comment