Monday, July 23, 2012

My Take on "My World"


Jillaine released her "My World" single today!  I never get tired of the song and let me tell you I have heard it at least 100+ times.  Okay, that is an exaggeration but I have heard it a lot in the last week.  With most songs you would feel inclined to cut your ears off when you cannot stand to listen to them one more time.  This is by no means the case with "My World."  In fact, it is just the opposite.  

Every time I hear it, I connect even more with not just the orchestration but the deep meaning of the words.  "My World" simply envelopes--it pierces the soul.  It really is hard to express the effect it has had on me.  This morning it was played on KLYV 105.  It took all the muster I could conjure up to not get emotionally choked up--not the kind of choked up because it is my sister, Jillaine, I am hearing on the radio, but because the song is just that powerful in connecting with the listener.  It is simply something you have to experience for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment