Friday, July 27, 2012

Corgis and Rowan Atkinson in the Olympics!

Just because I'm a musician doesn't mean I don't like sports...and when it comes to the Olympics...I'm a fanatic!

So, I'm in the middle of watching the Olympic Opening Ceremony on NBC.

I loved the Queen and her corgis. My little corgi, Deno, looks just like hers...if not a little thinner.

Deno watching the Olympics with us!

My absolute favorite "music moment" of the opening ceremonies was Rowan Atkinson "playing" the pedal point of the Chariots of Fire theme with the London Symphony Orchestra. I wish I could find it online (it's not on NBC's website). I did DVR it though, so I've already re-watched it a couple times! Seriously, though, I've never laughed so hard in my life. And the dream sequence is hilarious because who hasn't dreamed of qualifying for Olympic participation?'

Normally, I would have been put off by the parody of Chariots of Fire. I love the message of the movie and it is my older brother's absolute favorite theme song. It has a lot of meaning in our family. But Rowan Atkinson was so absolutely, knock-down funny and the parody was done with (I think) respect for the message...so I loved it!

Seriously, you have to see it for a memorable Olympic 2012 experience!


1 comment:

  1. I was laughing so hard. Pretty sure that ceremonies was made with Chastons in mind. I told everyone Deno looked just like the queen's corigis!!!!! So regal.

    ReplyDelete