Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Roasted Slivered Almonds: Christmas Song

Roasted almonds are great! They taste wonderful right out of your hand and can garnish salads, add chunkiness to cookies, or--my brother's favorite--can be chopped up in a food processor and put on top of ice cream.

But almonds are also expensive, especially if you want slivered. So I buy my almonds online from Bulk Foods. I love Bulk Foods because I can buy nuts, crystallized ginger, buttermilk powder, oats, almost anything from them and get more for less money. It's a great place to check out!

For nuts, I keep them in the freezer so they don't go rancid before I can use them all. Bulk Foods is great to order from, especially around the holidays. Save money on those Christmas ingredients for your special holiday recipes.

Since today's recipe is for roasted nuts, I thought of a song that mentions roasted nuts. And it's not just any song, it's "The Christmas Song" by Mel Torme.


ROASTED SLIVERED ALMONDS

1 pound slivered almonds from Bulk Foods
  1. Line jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
  2. Spread almonds in a thin layer over the parchment paper.
  3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  4. Bake for 7-9 minutes until just golden brown.
  5. Remove from oven and allow the almonds to completely cool.  Store in a sealable bag in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment