Thursday, August 22, 2013

Honey Biscuits: Apple Honey


You've probably guessed by now, but I absolutely love biscuits!  Any kind of biscuit really.  The day I discovered I didn't need a rolling pin or a round cutter to make biscuits (which made it so I didn't want to make biscuits) a new dawn arrived in my culinary experience.  Not only was my prep time cut down substantially, but I wasn't left with tough biscuits made from the scraps.

A great song to go with eating Honey Biscuits is "Apple Honey" performed by Woody Herman and His Orchestra.


HONEY BISCUITS

1 cup flour
1 ½ teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
Dash of salt
teaspoon cream of tartar
¼ cup cold butter, cubed
5 tablespoons skim milk
2 teaspoons honey

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar in a large bowl.  With pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until crumbly.  Set aside.
  3. In a small bowl, stir milk and honey together.  Pour into flour mixture and stir with fork, just until moistened.
  4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.  Gently knead 5-7 times.
  5. Pat into a one-inch thick square.  Cut square into four large biscuits.
  6. Place on a baking sheet lined with a silpat.  Bake for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. 




No comments:

Post a Comment