Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love and Musical Sugar Cookies


I'm not an experienced icing decorator.  But I tried to decorate today and found out that the only designs that looked liked what they were ended up being musical symbols!

They were tasty sugar cookies!  My sister always makes sugar cookies for Valentine's Day.  I guess it's a tradition!

Valentine's Day has become a day of sharing in our family.  My siblings and I are all single so we all share extra special kindnesses with those with whom we associate during the day at work, school, rehearsals, and at home.  This is a "loving" holiday so we show our love for those around us!

Of course, today's song will have to be "My Funny Valentine!"  It's all right to be a bit cliche.  Love is cliche and so important to all of us.  And Ella definitely puts soul into this beloved jazz standard.

2 comments:

  1. I feel so ashamed! I didn't make any cookies. I was just too busy and tired. I had to settle for the paper valentines...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to feel ashamed! You make them every year--you deserve a year off!

      Delete