Saturday, February 2, 2013

Brothers, Presents and Fudge



You know the best thing about brothers?  When they know you have a stress-filled week coming up, they buy you half a pound of your favorite Vanilla Praline fudge.  That's what Erik did for me this week!

No worries, I haven't eaten all of it...not even close...yet!

But aren't thoughtful brothers great?

My older brother, Keith, taught me how to play baseball with a baseball--no tennis balls allowed.  I could catch and throw with the best of them.  Erik taught me math in high school, and he's younger than I am.

And now Erik and I work together everyday on music.  Pretty amazing!  Of course, Erik and I have been best friends from the time we were little since we are only 18 months apart.  People used to think we were twins as teenagers because we kind of look like twins and we were on college campuses attending master classes!

So keep the fudge coming, Erik!

(P.S. Keith, I do still like Betty Jane Candies Gremlins, so you can consider it an idea for a birthday present for me...)

For today, I thought I'd highlight Rush, one of Erik's absolute favorite bands.  So here's "Tom Sawyer" by Rush!

No comments:

Post a Comment