Monday, September 17, 2012

Free T-Shirts...Gear Related are King

Leaving our Projects in Music in Media class...stay tuned to hear clips of our creations!

So anyone who knows me knows that I don't even own a T-shirt (okay, that's an exaggeration, but I am rarely seen in public wearing a T-shirt). So when I won a free T-shirt from Electro-Voice, I got it in a size for my brother, Erik. He's a sound guy, so that made sense!

The first thing Erik said was, "You actually signed up to win?" He knows I'm not a T-shirt person, but really, it was free...and all I had to do was enter on EV's Facebook page. I already "liked" EV's page, so it wasn't that much of a leap for me to enter. Erik won a PL-80a microphone from them a couple years ago on Facebook. How poor could my chances be for winning a free T-shirt?

So what is it about free T-shirts that get even me, a non-T-shirt wearer, excited enough to enter to win one? Maybe it's the fact that it's free. As in FREE! It's like going to Costco on Saturdays even when you don't really need to go and might not buy anything but you go anyway for the free food samples!

Besides, I believe in good sound. Erik "saves the world from bad sound" every day he works at BYU Broadcasting and when he records my music, mixes and masters it!

At any rate, I have used EV products in performances and recordings. I am proud to advertise for them by having Erik wear my free T-shirt!

Oh, and the contest is every Friday, so you can enter to win EV swag, too!


3 comments:

  1. Hey, I want to win a t-shirt. I think I'm going to go and sign up every Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If more people that write articles really concerned themselves with writing great content like you, more readers would be interested in their writings. Thank you for caring about your content. Christian T-shirts Sayings

    ReplyDelete