Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Heart Monitoring and No Technology


This past week I had a heart monitor on.  Don't get too worried, it was just to check some things.

It was a surprise to learn that I couldn't be near anything magnetized.  This meant I couldn't be near technology, microwaves, etc. for very long!

At first I thought this would be something manageable.  I even thought that maybe it would be good for me to have a break from working on the promotion of Jazzy Christmas to You II and writing blogs and doing homework and not warming up my own food!

I could only use my phone for very short amounts of time.  I felt as if I'd been cut off from the world!

Fortunately, it only lasted a day, though it seemed like an eternity.

I am grateful for technology.  I am glad things like heart monitors are able to measure irregularities.  I am very grateful I don't wear one every day!  I have a profound respect for those who are limited in their activities due to having to wear monitors.  It is a good thing to be able to accept our limitations and also appreciate the limitations of others so we can help them.  This experience taught me greater gratitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment