Sunday, July 29, 2012

Joy of Olympics!

I always marvel that people from different countries do come together for the Olympics. There are countries who know their athletes have very little chance of bringing home a medal yet they still send representatives who express great joy just to participate.

Since it was Sunday, I didn't watch the Olympics because my family and I reserve Sundays for church and service. I did read the news though. And reading about the rower from Niger, I felt great admiration for him. His zeal for the sport for which he had trained only a short time is inspiring. With joy, he participated knowing he wasn't capable of winning. He came in last long after everyone else.  His joy was in participating in the race and finishing it.

That is a noble goal to achieve for anyone in any field at any time in life.

Remember, I have a new single I will be releasing this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment