Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Day of Seconds!

I couldn't find a good picture of me in any of my second-hand clothes (generally I only have pictures taken of me when I perform), so I put a picture up of another "second-hand" in the Chaston fam: our dog Deno who we adopted from the Humane Society when he was six years old (he's going on eight this summer)!
Today was the second day of my second semester of law school. I wore my second-hand winter coat that I bought at The American Cancer Society Discovery Shop. Just now I finished removing belt loops on a second-hand tunic that I also bought at The Discovery Shop.

With all of my allergies, sometimes when I buy clothes (whether it's new from a department store or used) it takes a few washes to get the clothing thoroughly unscented. But I love to buy new or gently used clothing from this upscale resale store. All merchandise is donated and the money from the resale goes to cancer research. I get to buy unique clothing at a fraction of the cost and the money goes to a good cause. How much better can that get?

So with all of this "second-ing" going on, I thought of "Second Hand Rose" sung by Barbra Streisand. This fun novelty song will make you laugh out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment