Sunday, September 1, 2013

Buttermilk Banana Bread: Imagination


My sister, Amy, made Buttermilk Banana Bread today and she shared the recipe with me.  So, of course, now I'm sharing it with you!

The original recipe is from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  I love her site and you should definitely check it out!

So I couldn't think of a song that would go with Buttermilk Banana Bread, so I decided I use wasn't using my imagination...which led me to the song "Imagination" sung by Ella Fitzgerald.

BUTTERMILK BANANA BREAD

Adapted from a recipe on Mel's Kitchen Cafe.

BREAD
½ cup butter, softened
1 ½ cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 average-sized bananas)
4 tablespoons buttermilk
½ teaspoon vanilla
¾ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon baking soda

TOPPING
2 ½ tablespoons sugar
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour 1 large pie pan.  (You can use loaf pans if you like.  I just like using a pie pan.)  Prepare topping in a small bowl and set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs, bananas, buttermilk and vanilla until the batter is well mixed.  Add flour, baking powder, salt and soda. Mix until well combined.
  3. Pour batter into greased and floured pie pan.  Sprinkle topping over top of batter.  Use as much or as little as you like.
  4. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment